Friday, May 31, 2013

God Is Still Good


Our Sandy died today due to complications with advanced diabetes.  She woke up lethargic and my heart sank to the bottom of I don't know what.  I have been reading in Mark chapter 5 in the Bible this week about the time when Jairus' daughter was dying and he was desperate for Jesus to heal her.  I thought about this story as I drove to the vet's office.  Jesus told the man, "Do not be afraid, just believe."  I believed and prayed with every mile my tires covered.


This is the second dog we have lost within six months.  The first, Lucy, passed in November.  This is when we sit and ask the hard questions to ourselves..."Why doesn't God just heal her, I'm PRAYING".


The answer is we aren't sure why, but, we are convinced He is good and somehow this is good and the way things need to be and how they're supposed to be.


Since arriving home, we have cried and cried.  Even Jesse, is thinking things over.  


I will sorely miss how she kicked every decorative pillow off my couch before napping on the center cushion every day.  Many times, in my head, I wonder how will I live without her?  B-Lowe and I keep saying to one another, "Now what?"  


"Though the mountains be shaken, and the hills removed, yet my unfailing love for you 
will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion on you" (Isaiah 54:10).



 Bye, bye, my brown eyed girl.  Run through heavens fields with your mamma. 

All to thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all. 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet tears
    I'm sure she's running and playing with her friends in heaven now!
    She was so lucky to have you as her mommy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I put them under my pillow.