Monday, May 20, 2013

Celebrate Good Times, C'mon!


Oh, good, you're here!!  C'mon in!  There was a birthday party yesterday at my dad's house.  There are three birthdays in one week in my family and three birthdays means a BIG party, no?


If you're wondering how to REALLY party for a birthday, my family will show you how it's done.  Prepare for a series of posts about this event throughout the week; one long post containing everything we did yesterday would give me carpal tunnel.  Thank you for understanding.  


I give you: My great-grandfather's lasso and my brother, seven years my younger.  Try to focus on the lasso part, and not my brother's shirt.  Cover the innocence of your children's eyes.


Dad explained the technique of lassoing.


It's all in the wrist and thinking counter clockwise.  When it feels right, let 'er buck!


"Here we go, Tyler, here we go!"  I sang!  Alone.


"I've got this" he said.  "I fly fish."


The goal is to rope the stick in the mud.  


He was a star!


Next up, Kate Spade, my brother's little lady.  We click.


Kate just graduated from college this month.


She's a pistol.  Annie, get your gun!


While Tyler explains to Kate what to do with the darn thing, I'd like to take a moment to talk about all the things I loved about her look.  Please pull your chair forward.


Her red shirt is from H&M.  I loved two things about it:

1. The gold plated military bars on the shoulders.
2. The covered buttons.


The black leggings were very cute and sleek but let's get to the part we're all drooling over....


Hello lovers!  These beauties were her graduation present from her family.  Help me, Rhonda!  Salivating....salivating.  They had me at 'hello'.


I asked her to PLEEEASE feel free to take them off at the door, if she would be more comfortable followed by a question:


 "By the way, Kate, what size are they?"  Crickets chirped.  She stared at me.  She never removed them from her extremities.  

What?  It was just a question.


Katie, are you ready?  I can't entertain these people forever.  


Here she goes!!  It's in the air!


She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes!


She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes!


It's outta there!!!!


My brother rooted for every flick of her wrist.  


She was cool under pressure.


The whole family was watching, including my aunt, visiting from Pennsylvania.  That's a lot of pressure.


Additionally, there was the gosh-darn chick with a camera documenting everything.  I made everyone sign a waiver upon arrival that all pictures will only be used for blogging material.  


At the very bottom in font #3.5 it read, "and any other usage I see fit as the oldest child to use at my discretion--waa-ha-ha."

Come back tomorrow, for more lasso contestants and inappropriate t-shirts worn to make my dad turn inside-out.  Darn kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I put them under my pillow.