Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our Little Pasture


This is the view from my french doors.  Well, they look like french doors.  Only one door opens however.  Do I still call them french doors?

I digress.  

Isn't this gorgeous?  Ya gotta be up with the cows to get this picture.  My alarm goes off at 6:00 a.m.  I make my way to the bathroom and look in the mirror.  Yup, I look just just like my mom.....Long Eileen West night gown, a space of six inches of my bare legs, finally, socks.  The difference is I have matching socks on.  She never has matching socks on.  

I digress.

While I sit at my kitchen table doing my Bible study, I get lost in daydreams whenever the pasture captures my gaze.  Especially when the sun comes out and makes everything glisten in silver and gold.  I see Burl Ives singing as baby turkeys gobble at his feet:

"Silver and gold, silver and gold 
Ev'ryone wishes for silver and gold 
How do you measure its worth? 
Just by the pleasure it gives here on earth."

Burl Ives?!!  I can't go there.  Delete!

I dream of a farm and a church.  Believers over reading the bible while sitting on hay bails amongst my Hereferd cows.  We can BBQ.  We can BBQ beef.  Cause I'll have Hereford cows.  I love them and I eat them.

Horses?  Cows?  Pygmy goats?  Chickens?  Ducks?  How do you take care of ducks?  Kiddie swimming pool in the dog run?  What do I do with them in the winter?  Comment me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I put them under my pillow.