Thursday, June 30, 2011

Frozen PB&J's: Lifesavers for Summer

I have two friends: Sara Daffodil and Carrie Cornflower.  Sara Daffodil taught Carrie Cornflower about frozen PB&J's at a service project then Carrie Cornflower taught me about them at another service project.  Now Sara Daffodil, Carrie Cornflower, and me are teaching YOU about frozen PB&J's.  They will save your life, you mark my words.
Here are our players.  You need peanut butter, jelly, and something to spread it onto the bread.  I've included a number of options you could use to spread the aforementioned items.  It depends on where you are in life really.  If you're in a college dorm, chances are you definitely have an ice cream scoop.  If you're a cheese connoisseur, you most likely have a cheese slicer.  If you make cakes, you have a spatula and so on.  If you have three or more children, all the above are located in the sand box.  


Here goes: wash your cutting board.  I make mention of this so that people will eat at my house without fear of death or dog hair.
Take your knife, pizza cutter, spatula, measuring spoon or what have you and slab the peanut butter down.
Then the jelly.
I like my sandwiches cross cut like so.  But whatever blows your hair back.
You need tin foil.  
Wrap it up.
Now, if you're a Type A personality, your foiled grub will look like the wrap job they do at Customer Service in Dillards.  I however, am NOT Type A and therefore, don't give a Pug's nose what my finished product looks like.  
So, like, do that process until the entire loaf of bread is used up.  Warning: you may or may not get hungry making all these PB&J's.  You may or may not take a bite out of the sandwich.  You may or may not wrap it up anyway because as far as I'm concerned it may or may not stay in the family anyways and we all share the same spit.  You may or may not share that with my nurse mother and sister which may or may not turn them inside out.  Tell them I said "hello!"
Place the unprofessionally wrapped sandwiches in your freezer, above the ice box which is above your Steamables veggie packages.  When your kid, neighbor kids, husband, dog, nephew, or grand daughter feel hungry and you need a quick solution, frozen PB&J's are lifesavers!


With God's Love,
Sara Daffodil, Carrie Cornflower and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I put them under my pillow.