Saturday, May 21, 2011

Beauty for Ashes



"To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory."  Isaiah 61:3

When I was a kid, my dad worked hard outside the home and consequently was away a lot.  My dad instilled in me the importance of pleasing the Savior and things like repentance, serving others, and working hard.  Additionally, there were women God strategically placed in my life: My mom, my Ganny, my Aunt Lesa, my Aunt Janeal, and my Aunt Lue'ne.  They are the core of my heart, the roots of my personality, the cornerstone of my thought processes, and the greatest blessings.  I was truly honored to have some of them under my roof recently.  Despite how the father of this world tried to tear us apart, God, turned ashes into beauty and gets the glory in our family.



OH!  The BABIES!....



I can't take the vest on this baby boy.  Be still my heart!




We were missing a few of us but still had a great time.....



Please don't judge us for however many Diet Coke cans sit upon my table.  "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."  Ha ha ha ha!


Beautiful


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I put them under my pillow.