Monday, November 12, 2012

Two Men and a Wasps' Nest

*Warning:  Insects were killed during the making of this story.  If this upsets you, read no further and go find something in the fridge instead.

My husband and his good buddy literally stumbled upon a wasps' nest in the ground while putting up the electric fencing.  They got dressed to kill and became "The Terminators".


While installing electric fencing along the edge of our property, my husband stepped into the underground compound.  Did that rhyme?


 Talk about busy little bees.  Er, wasps.


I give you, "The Terminators":


They doused the house (there I go again) with diesel fuel then demolished the nest as fast as they could before a million wasps flew out in their fury.  They repeated as necessary.



They eventually found the larvae cache.


The men paused as they contemplated where they stand on pro-life issues.


Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.


So they cleaned house.

Now, I'm wasp free.  Yay, me!

Love,
Mrs. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I put them under my pillow.