Monday, April 22, 2013

The Best Birthday Cake EVER

It was my nephew's birthday.  My sister has kept him alive for 4 years.


This is my sister on the left and my mom on the right.  Hi ladies!


My mom could kick Martha Stewart's creative butt any day...


anytime...


anywhere...


rain or shine...


dog house or hen house...


paint or pastry...


meal or flower arrangement...


my mom would RULE.


Just like this cake RULES!


She even knew how to transport it perfectly, without flaw.


This was MY contribution to the celebration.  We put birthday presents in a great big box.


Then fit helium filled balloons around the gifts.


The idea was the balloons would pop out when the birthday boy opened his enormous box.  


It was a hit.  You can tell I'm married to a guy who's into explosions and effect.  

I'm happy to report the cake and the gigantic present filled with joy was a GREAT BIG HIT!

Cue the music: "We.  Are.  F-a-m-i-l-y!!!!!"

3 comments:

  1. I love the cake-Xander would love this cake, send a picture to Nick & Dinah please, Glad to see that Xander is not the only one into trucks of every kind. And yes, your mom could kick Martha's butt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Debby! I'll let Dinah know. I hope I have her email address. Maybe she will peek at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GREAT cake! I pinned it :) And I'm forwarding it to my daughter just in case she wants to make one for Quin's birthday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I put them under my pillow.