Sunday, June 2, 2013

Grab A Kleenex With Aloe!


I came home today to a pink package and a card on my kitchen counter.  B-Lowe said it was from our next door neighbors (the normal ones).  He waited to open it until I came home.  We had no idea what to expect.  First, we opened a very sweet card.


Have you ever read something in the midst of sorrow that made you smile from your heart to your face?  This card hit the spot.  There's more.  Grab a Kleenex with aloe.  NOW.


M & L gave us our first Willow Tree ornament.  It's called Angel of Friendship.


We cried.  Again.


The dog looks just like Sandy.



As I turned the sculpture in my hands around and around, twisting it back and forth, we couldn't make a sound.  My husband held his hand over his mouth.  I grinned but my heart ached.  We were joyful, and comforted.  We were in awe someone cared that much about our pain and reached out in such a tangible way.


"For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself" (Galatians 5:4).

"As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you" (Isaiah 66:13).

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful! I'm so sorry about your doggies! We're still sad about the one we lost 2 months ago. We love the one Matt 'found' at the vet clinic. He's been a joy! More and more hugs to you guys! Lots of prayers, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I put them under my pillow.