Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Grappling: A Family Portrait

Do you remember the story I told you about my upbringing in jiu jitsu?  If not, read about it here.

Two weekends ago, some of our gang went on a road trip to Montana.  We tried to stop for family photos. Alas, some kind of grappling ensued instead of the nice wintery picture my mother hoped for.


We tried to line up but then dad started trouble.  It just takes ONE person to stir it up.


This is me in the middle, telling Kate (brother's girlfriend) who is taking pictures to "keep shooting!"  

Everything is a blog post in my mind.  

Back to the grappling...


Dad started it.


My brother finished it.  

There are three things I love about these photos.  

1.)  I love how my husband stayed true to form.  That's hard to do when jiu jitsu is happening five feet from your person.  

2.) I love this one of my dad laughing.  


3.) And this one of my brother with his arm around our dad.  It's all just fun and games.

Until someone ends up in a cone.


A special thanks to Kate for the excellent photography and another to this cute couple for at least one, normal, picture.  One normal photo out of seven ain't bad for this family!

Now, get out there and tackle your sibling!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I put them under my pillow.