Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Team Colorado

A delightful group from Colorado came with serving hearts to help our church for a week with Vacation Bible School (VBS).  


Enter Wikipedia: Vacation Bible School (VBS) is a specialized form of religious education which focuses on childrenChurches usually hold the week long events during the summer, though the lengths of such programs may vary, and they are sometimes held during other times of the year.  


I'm here to help.


While the folks were in town, our Pastor Loren brought Pastor Wes' team over to our crib.
 B-Lowe and I told our stories of how we came to a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.  We told them about how relationship verses religion changed everything for us.  Our chains are gone.  We've been set free.
 And they listened with grace and kindness.
 B-Lowe talked about the day he finally cried out to God.  
 And God answered.
 He came to the rescue.  
Because that's what God does.


It was a sweet time together.  
With sweet people who love the Lord and were here to glorify only Him.  They ate my cookies.  I like people who eat my cookies.  I hope they come back.

Sing for joy to God our Strength; Shout aloud to the God of Jacob!  Begin the music, strike the timbrel, play the melodious harp and lyre.  I heard an unknown voice say: "I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the basket.  In your distress you called and I rescued you." From Psalm 81.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I put them under my pillow.